corsa misfiring

just bought a corsa 1.2 when started up the engine runs smooth but as soon as the accelerator is apply the engine stats to misfire ive changed the spark plugs h/t leads has any body got any suggestions it would stop me from going insane.....

Reply to
fedup7678

all the time or just from cold? how old is car, is it manual or auto choke, or is it inj?

--

Reply to
Neil

all the time its a l reg so about 1993 and its an auto choke its a injection

Reply to
fedup7678

Try changing the fuel and air filters.

Ta, G.

Reply to
G-Man

Why didnt you change the Dissy cap and rotor arm whilst you were at it? Most likely cause.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

it hasnt got a dissy cap and rotor arm its all electrical thanks for the help

Reply to
fedup7678

thanks done both of them and it still happening

Reply to
fedup7678

I think you'll find that a 93 1.2 8 valve SPI does have a dissy cap.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

My wife used to have one of these - and that certainly had a dizzy carp and rotor arm.

Alan.

Reply to
Alan

I trust you did *not* tell her she had a 'dizzy carp'!

Reply to
Peat

what brand of air filter?

Reply to