Vauxhall corsa 1.2 engine

hi i was wondering if anyone could help me, at the moment my vauxhall corsa

1.2 1996 keeps going funny, sometimes when i start it up the engine makes kinda juddery sounds and then goes fine.

and other times when i start it up and go, and when i put my foot on accelerator in 2nd or 3rd or w/e gear it doesn't pick up speed right away and itll suddenly get its power after like kinda juddering.

also ive noticed under my oil cap ive got tht creamy stuff on it and im hoping thts just due to me driving short distances or somthing.

is there anyway to stop it from doing this, and if not how much do you reckon it would cost to get and fixed.

my car is vauxhall corsa 1.2 1996 and has done about 86,000 miles

url:

simon brown

first off give it a general service including plugs, get the coolant checked for combustion gases to rule out head gasket (or confirm it)

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Beat me to it. If it hasn't been serviced for a while then the first check is the plug gaps IME.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot