Corsa warning light

I just got a call from a pal whose wife is panicking because a warning light has come on on the dash. It's "a little engine with a flash of lightning through it." Not being a driver, I've had to give her description of it. Any ideas what it is, and if she is likely to be able to drive it home? Her trip home from work is around 50 miles. The car is a mid 90's Corsa 1.2

Reply to
curls

I know the light that you are talking about, it's normally an orange light on the Vauxhall Astra not sure if it's the same colour on the Corsa. Mine has come on several times in the past, it normally comes on when an electrical component has failed and is logged by the ecu, which is basically the cars on boad computer.

The problem is that many things can cause this light to come on and would need to be taken to a garage where they can hook it up to a fault code reader so they can know where to start looking.

The car can normally be driven depending on what's wrong with it, but if the car cuts out because of this fault it would need to be checked out first, you don't really want to be driving along the motorway if the engine is likely to cut out on you.

du.

Reply to
du

Thanks. It turns out the light has probably been on since bringing it back yesterday from its MOT, which included some welding to the nearside sill. It could be coincidence, but he's taking it back anyway.

Reply to
curls

Hey, as per subject: "Corsa warning light". I'd like one of those. So that I know when there's another bloody Corsa about to hold up the traffic in front of me! ;-)

Reply to
Chris Bolus