Blinking Warning Lights

My daughter called the other day with a question about her 96 SL,m She said the oil and temp warning lights seemed to be flashing a code. They would both flash at the same time and flash 5 times and the go out. It doesn't happen every time the car is driven. She checked the oil and coolant and both appear to be OK. I called 2 dealers, but neither had a clue, but of course wanted her to bring the car in. Talked to our regular independent mechanic, but he hadn't heard of it either. Any ideas appreciated. The car seems to run fine.

Reply to
Jay Margolis