Cost of Rover Spares

Why the f*ck would someone pay that much when a Kenlowe kit is half the price?

Several reasons. It's actually an auxilliary fan, with resistors for speed control and is controlled mainly by the a/c system for cooling the a/c condenser, though I believe it is switched on to assist the engine fan if the engine temperature rises in a traffic jam etc. An OE one can be comfortably fitted in 2-3 hours. I doubt a Kenlowe one could be fitted in that time, bearing in mind as well that the space for the fan is quite restricted. You may feel the hassle is worth it, but I have better things to do with the extra time it would take, than waste it fitting a fan that may or may not work as well as an OE one. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Why not? They're a lot shallower than many OEM fans. Thermostat can go anywhere and the capillary tube sits in the top hose.

Reply to
Conor

Apparently not so s**te seeing as it doesn't cost 25% of the value of=20 the car to have a fan fitted.

Oh do f*ck off. You're telling me you can't fit a fan that's thinner=20 than most OEM ones and not find a 3" square space anywhere to fit the=20 thermostat? And I seriously doubt the fan has an RPM speed sensor wired=20 into the ECU.

--=20 Conor

I only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't=20 looking good either. - Scott Adams

Reply to
Conor

Well it hasn't so far and it's not working now.

Reply to
Conor

You have though.

Reply to
MichaelS

Viking Rover Spares on 01214596866

Reply to
Abo

Fuck that. Get a Kenlowe Fan Kit which includes an adjustable temp sender and DIY it. Shouldn't take more than a couple of hours.

Not possible on the 75, aside from logisitcal problems mounting the thing, it would throw up all kinds of fault codes as the fan is directly controlled from the ECU, via the fan controller.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..