Could blown exhaust cause oil leak?

Last week the middle silencer box came detatched and the person driving the car (Volvo 240 1987) continued doing so for 20 minutes. I've since discovered an oil leak near the base of the engine towards the drive shaft. I'm hoping it is just a seal that has gone. Any thoughts? Cheers, JD

Reply to
Jo

Barney

The broken exhaust would not cause the oil leak, but rough driving could cause both. It may be just a seal that has gone, but sometimes seals can be very difficult to replace if they are inaccessible.

___

DP