cylinder balance test weirdness

2.2 tdci with a seemingly drifting misfire/roughness. When performing a cylinder balance/power test, turning off injector number three produces nearly twice the rpm drop as any of the others. This is across idle to 2500rpm. Didn't test above that. I will check for a ground return issue later* but how likely is it that this could be a problem *with* 3 rather than an issue with 1,2 and 4?

*separate injector grounds back to ECM of course, but it *feels* as if turning off 3 also turns off one of the others. Not performed any physical tests yet, I'll do a compression test, check the wiring and 'scope the waveforms after the weekend ;)

Lee

Reply to
Lee