de-icer

Right, its feckin freezing now and my normal cheapo CarPlan deicer isnt up to the job. Any recommendations for a decent de-icer?

Phil S.

Reply to
manoman

Warm water?

Reply to
Ben Organ

Totally agreed. When its outside my house and I have to be away in the morning, then warm water is ideal. Stops the car misting up as soon as I get inside and also doesnt affect my nicely polished paintwork.

But what about when I go to the cinema and come out to find my car is an ice cube. Was wondering if any of these sprays were actually any good?

Reply to
manoman

Reply to
Crash Bang Wallop

Well I bough a 600ml can from Morrisons Supermarket, for just 99p and I found it a little slow, but it did the job.

According to the can, it was voted "best buy" by Auto Express....whoever they are!

Cheers tox

Reply to
Crash Bang Wallop

manoman ( snipped-for-privacy@neverland.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

It's got the side benefit that by the time it's heated the water up enough, the car's heater will have done it's job, too.

Reply to
Adrian

Buy a Ford with quick clear heated front screen. I was underway in less than

2 minutes from fully frozen this morning with front and back screens and mirrors totally clear and no scrapping in sight. *smug* ;-)

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

I use a good old fashioned ice scraper. It doesn't damage the paint work like de-icer but you've go to be careful not to scratch the screen like I did :-(

Reply to
Peter

Only just warm though....

Once saw a guy over the road use a kettle of boiling water, and his screen cracked.....

laugh.... i did

i find my "store loyalty cards" the best bet for ice removal, barclaycard breaks too easy

Reply to
Tom Burton

I get a washing-up bowl full of tepid water, pour it over the windows, then start the car and flick the front & rear wipers on to stop it freezing over again.

Works a treat and has the added effect of loosening up the frozen door seals which normally stop me putting stuff on the back seat.

Reply to
Mark

Yup, me too (I'm in a rented Focus Zetec @ the mo), although my wife managed to con me into de-icing the 306 before I left!

Had to laugh actually - the guy opposite has a BMW 330i and I swear there was just a hint of jealousy this morning as he struggled with his scraper whereas I sat comfortably in the drivers seat out of the cold.

Not often a BMW driver is envious of a Ford driver, but I think this was one of them. ;o)

Dan

Reply to
Dan Post

Yeah I'm tempted to borrow the sierra & leave the A6 at home on mornings like this

Reply to
Duncan Wood

I just unplug mine from the Kenlow heater, reverse out of my heated garage and drive off. Smug? You fu**ing bet ;-)

Matt

Reply to
**-**

What about your side windows? It's kind of unsafe pulling out of a T junction when you can't see out of these.

-- James

Reply to
James

Don't let your car get icy in the first place.

My personal preference is to use my garage.

LL

Reply to
LiviLion