Wheeler Dealers

I have just seen the above programme on Discovery H&L and he was doing up a old Porsche. The bodywork was extremely dull and to bring it back he used what he called a MOP? He put loads of this cream stuff on the bodywork and buffed it up using an attachment on what looked like an angle grinder.

Can anyone tell me what cream it was and what attachment he used? I have a car in serious need of a polish. I have tried using Auto Glgm?? but to little effect.

I appreciate your help Thanks Simon

Reply to
Simon L

Best stuff by a mile is Farecla - you'll get it from an automotive paint suppliers.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Farecla G10. Its a light abrasive compound which isn't as coarse as T- Cut. Do it wit that then seal with a good polish.

Reply to
Conor

It is not an angle grinder, but a dedicated slow speed polisher, it uses a very fine cream-like cutting compound, if you get or borrow the equipment, then practise on an old wreck first, as it is very easy to completely ruin paintwork with one of these. It can also be a very messy process, so don't do it when in a hurry or near other vehicles. It is also essential to wash the car thoroughly first and use a new polishing head, (if you don't know the history of the old one). All in all, leave the use of one to a pro, or start on an expensive steep learning curve.!!

That said, I have one and sometimes it is the dogs bits !! Usually, you can get a better job by hand though it will take longer.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

& those £15 car polishers aren't bad for light use. Farecla G10 (from screwfix if you don't have a local supplier) or T-Cut metallic & then a good wax .
Reply to
Duncan Wood

Thanks for all your help guys very much appreciated.

Merry Xmas Simon

Reply to
Simon L