Diesel air leak?

My wife's car (2006 2.0 tdi Audi A3) wouldn't start this morning. Engine cranked over fine but no sign of life. No warning lights on dash.

Called RAC who plugged computer in & found nothing and then embarressed me by cranking engine for a *long* time until it just fired up and ran as normal.

It's never done this before and has fired up fine since. The RAC chappie suggested that is was probably an air leak in the system but also opined that they can be a b*gger to find so before I think about taking it to a garage, are there any common leak points I should be looking for and what's the best way to spot one?

There are no oil stains on the driveway or other evidence of fuel leaking out.

Any suggestions on where to start?

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

Start by turning the ignition on and listening for the pump. Then try to start it after say 10 secs. Does this make a difference?

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat