Diesel engine oil 10/30

Checking my manual for my 2000 mazda 323 turbo diesel it states use a 10/30 grade engine oil with a cd specification. Checked the usual sources Halfords etc, but cannot find the right one! Any one know of an oil with this specification? Thanks Chris

Reply to
Chris

What you want is a 10W30 diesel oil. You'll probably have a hard job finding a CD specification oil, as i'm sure most oils are CF now, which is a higher spec anyway.

If the oil is just for topping up, then 10 or 15W40 will do. (This is what ford recommends for topping up most of there engines even though for oil changes the correst 5W30 has to be used)

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

Why would they recommend topping up with something other than 5w30? As a general rule you normally have some oil left over after a change, and it's not like a litre bottle of 5w30 is horrifically dear if you don't.

Reply to
Doki

Reply to
R. Murphy

Thanks for the replies! Any recommendations for a 5W30 diesel oil? Any idea if Ford market a 5W30 diesel oil under their brand? Thanks

Reply to
Chris

That's why I said that laying your hands on a litre of a 5w30 for top ups isn't particularly expensive. You can generally get 5l for £15 at a Ford garage, so I imagine a litre would be about a fiver. I know you can get

10w40 for less than 5w30, but it's not as if oil top ups are a major cost in the running of a car.
Reply to
Doki

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:52:55 -0000, "Chris" employed a troop of monkeys to hit keyboards to produce:

CD is an old specification. I think they are up to at least CF now. Anyway any decent 10/30 Oil will do.

Reply to
ColonelTupperware