Nissan Almera oil usage

When checking my levels today, the oil was on minimum on the dipstick. Since I bought the car (Nissan Almera 1.6GX) over three years ago, it has never used any oil between changes. Mileage now is 47690. Last time I had an oil change (Sept 2003) at National, I noticed that the level was above maximum. Could this have damaged any seals and caused this problem? The oil was semi-synthetic and I assume of the correct specification (SAE 10/30 to 15/50). I've topped it up with Halfords semi-synthetic SAE 10/40. Mileage since the oil change is only about 1000, mostly very short runs to the supermarket.

Terry D.

Reply to
Terry D

I have a Tino diesel, and I hope someone will tell if what you used is correct. I quoted the 'fancy' spec. numbers Nissan quote to Castrol a week ago and asked what thier oil is to cover this, so far no reply.

Reply to
David