Diesel Relay Van: So fed-up with my Citroen dealer...

Hi Guys

In June last year I bought a Citroen Relay 1800 2.5D (diesel) HR MWB van with 19,500 miles on the clock on a "Y" plate (April 2001)

I understand this genre of Citroen Van is also mechanically identical to the Peugeot Boxer & Fiat Ducato

I have now done around 38,000 miles and recently it was off the road for

3 weeks after the fuel control solenoid on the Injector Pump failed.

This was repaired by my local Citroen dealer under warranty but they managed to damage the wire going from the Pre-Heater Control Relay to the heater plugs while they had the vehicle. This meant that there was no voltage going to the heater plugs and so the van was a pig to start from cold.

In addition, after the Injector pump repair the van was slightly sluggish and had a flat-spot between 2,500 and 3000 revs. I assume the injector timing needs advancing a wee bit.

The bottom line is that I am very rapidly losing confidence in my dealer as a vehicle should not be returned to the owner after a repair with these dealer-created faults.

I wonder if anybody can recommend a good diesel van mechanic in the West London or West Dorset areas who will be able to look after my van properly?

Reply to
Mr X