Digital Correction- Vectra

I need to have my milometer digitally corrected. I understand there are some people who are able to do this using computer software. Can someone recommend anyone in the Lincoln Nottingham Sheffield areas ? This is for personal reasons not to clock the mileage in order for resale so it is pukka and above board

Reply to
RamjamInn1

I have a contact who is able to do those sorts of adjustments, and he lives very close to you - What exactly is the personal reason though??

Reply to
MickS

The message from RamjamInn1 contains these words:

"Personal" reasons? You've been caught driving Dad's car and he's due to give you a thrashing?

Be serious - no one here is going to believe any c*ck and bull story you concoct.

Reply to
Guy King

Can't imagine that it will be a legal personal reason. If so I'd be interested to know what.

Reply to
Doug

Replacement dash from a scrapped car, possibly?

It's the only reason I can see for doing it.

Reply to
SteveH

Good job it's not a late BMW then, bastards to "adjust the mileage" on.

Reply to
Pete M

A trading standards officer friend once posed the following *story* as reason for clocking the car (shortened for brevity):

man has mistress some distance away and doesn't want his wife to know about the extra milage.

He was working behind the dash on the car at the time ;)

All this coyness, do you think your silence will stop this chap?

Just look in exchange and mart or search google.

Regards,

Mike

Reply to
Mr Mike Nospam

The message from "Mr Mike Nospam" contains these words:

No, but we can all have a laugh at his expense.

Reply to
Guy King

In article , RamjamInn1 writes

There has been a lot of speculation to this genuine enquire from some people who probably think they are clever by making snide remarks. I do not feel obliged need to divulge personal reasons. The car concerned is a 2004 Vauxhall Vectra with under 3000 miles on the clock so there was no intention to clock the mileage as some daft beggars have insinuated.

There is no longer any need for the advice I sought as two people contacted me privately and the problem as they say has been "solvered" No questions were asked and no reasons were given- suffice it to say, digital correction is not illegal by any means !!

Reply to
RamjamInn1

In news: snipped-for-privacy@walkhouse.demon.co.uk, RamjamInn1 decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Clocking, with the intention of deception, is most definately illegal.

As for a valid reason for clocking a 2004 Vectra, hmm, I wonder what that could be.

Reply to
Pete M

The message from RamjamInn1 contains these words:

Cor - who says that then?

I can't think of a legitimate reason for wanting to change an odometer reading under those circumstances - and you ain't chosen to enlighten us

- so we'll be as snide as we like, thanks.

Reply to
Guy King

Perhaps to put a 3,000 miler back down to zero so it can be sold on as new?

Reply to
Mark Hewitt

The message from "Mark Hewitt" contains these words:

S'not quite a "legitimate reason" in my mind. Perhaps in his.

Reply to
Guy King