Fitting a new clutch;alt.autos.daewoo

Does anyone know the procedure in fitting a new clutch in a Daewoo Nexia

1.5 16v? Got a new clutch kit from Halfords at a cracking bargain of £35. Everywhere else I tried wanted between 60 & 70 notes so I think Halfords have made a mistake with that price;) I can't get a workshop manual for this car so don't know what's involved in fitting the clutch. Thanks.
Reply to
Mark

The autodata cd says that it is only a half hour job to change, so I imagine it has the "vauxhall remove the gearbox mainshaft" type clutch. If so then you will need the kit of tools for the job plus the gearbox end plate gasket and gearbox oil, circlip pliers and at least a pair of ramps, plus an assistant. The second time you do the vauxhall type clutch you will be up to speed.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Ok thanks for that. If it's only half an hours labour I think I'll ring round a few garages first to get an idea of what they'll charge to fit it.

Reply to
Mark