Do any new cars make 'overs'?

Perhaps a bit OT, please excuse me. I've been thinking about this in my dotage. In 1972 I ordered a new Range-Rover. The cost was exactly £1700 and that included 12 months tax and a full tank of fuel. Took delivery from the factory in Dec 72 (with a guided tour and lunch) and drove it home. 22 gallon fuel tank and cost a fiver to fill. Blimey that was expensive motoring. I saw that Range-Rovers had an extended delivery time, and were making overs, so immediately ordered another. Took delivery of the second six months later and sold the first for a very handsome profit. Same for the second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth. The profit made on the first six paid entirely for the seventh, which I was never able to see or drive. I don't drive now but I think those first Range-Rovers were an incredible motor and a tribute to the engineers that then made the company a world beater. Land-Rover is a similar, but possibly sadder, tale.

I'm not a dealer of any kind, I was just fortunate at that time and made all I could of it.

Purely out of interest, is there any car made anywhere today that is worth paying over the top for? That's my Q.

I'm not thinking of buying. I know that manufacturers today manipulate the market by hype and underproduction but is there still any new car that is worth [a] waiting for or [b] paying overs for?

Thanks for reading this garbage, I'll be in the box soon and bother you no more.

Nick.

Reply to
Nick

the only one that springs to mind is the Morgans

Reply to
Mrcheerful

If you bought and sold cars for a profit,that makes,or made,you a dealer LOL !

Reply to
doug