door lock`

Hi. Just refitted a passenger side door lock on a 97 escort.

I may have put the spring clip in wrong coz although I can lock the passenger door with the key, I can't unlock it with the key. The door handle on the inside works ok. ie flicking the handle while door is open and then closing it it locks. And opening the pass.enger door from the inside is good.

spring clip wrong or spring clip come adrift?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
51

All ford locks can be locked with any ford key. Sounds more like the lock internals aren't right.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill