Ticking sound after turning car off

I have no idea what I am doing with car maintenance, so I thought I would ask yall. I have a 2006 Ford Focus and for the first time tonight, I heard it make some ticking sounds after I shut it off from a

45 minute drive. I heard that this is normal and that there is no problem to worry about, but I wasn't sure. Any suggestions? Should I contact my dealer? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply to
JARudiger

It's various hot parts ticking as they cool and contract. You may have heard the same happening in your house on a quiet night. No problem.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

You are the victim of a terrorist bomb plot and one of these nights your car go BOOM!

Reply to
gazzafield

Hi It's proberbly the tin heat shield on the exhaust manifold. The one no my Nissan Primera ticks quite loud, especially when I get home at 03:00 after a late shift when it's quite outside. Trevor

Reply to
Trevor Smith

It will fail catastrophically in about 10 miles. If I were you I'd let me take it off your hands for, oh I dunno, about =A310 and I'll do the worrying for you.

--=20 Malc

Reply to
Malc

LOL! Nice...Thanks for the heads up!

Reply to
JARudiger

LOL nice....thanks for the sound advice

Reply to
JARudiger

That's the flux capacitor cooling down. Nothing to worry about unless your car dematerializes and moves forwards or backwards in time. Not that you'll know it did that of course. You'll just think it got nicked. Try pouring a can of pepsi into it after each journey. Not only will that cool it down it'll give it the mass to power the next trip.

You're very young aren't you?

Reply to
Dave Baker

The message from snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com contains these words:

Unless of course you've upset Basil Brush in which case it'll got BOOM BOOM!

Reply to
Guy King