dpf update

Hello,
Here's an update on my Mondeo dpf problems.
The car has gone to a garage with a computer that can read the temperatures and pressures etc from the car's computer.
The computer is saying that the dpf is full of soot but the exhaust temperature cannot get hot enough to regenerate the dpf.
The garage say this is likely to be a failure of the injector that sprays diesel into the exhaust to heat the dpf. There is a smaller chance that it is a failure of one of the temperature sensors on the dpf.
So next they will try to replace the injector and see if that fixes the problem.
I was shown underneath the car and the injector is connected to a cylindrical pump and there is a wire from this that plugs into the loom. I could not see where the plug and socket was but the garage tell me that a previous owner has superglued the plug and socket together!
Ford do not sell replacements: you have to buy a complete loom! So I am wondering how to buy a replacement plug from a scrap yard, only I do not know what I would ask for. Any ideas what the part would be called?
Thanks, Stephen.
On 26/05/2016 13:06, Stephen wrote:

just cut off the existing and either solder the wires together or get a plu/socket from maplins

Better to use a decent weatherproof automotive connecter.
http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/product.php/619/superseal-weatherproof-connectors
--
*The man who fell into an upholstery machine is fully recovered*

Stephen wrote:

Weird. Most other systems use the existing injectors and squirt the fuel into the cylinders during the exhaust stroke.
--
Scott

Not weird at all. That is *a* method of doing it but has the unfortunate side effect of causing contamination of the engine oil with diesel. Much better to inject it outside the engine.
Tim
--
Trolls and troll feeders go in my killfile

On 26/05/2016 13:06, Stephen wrote:

interesting little article here: http://www.firstline.co.uk/do-you-know-about-mondeo-mk-iv-dpf-pressure-hoses/