DPF Cleaning

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience of this stuff?

/Wynns Professional Off Car Diesel Particulate Filter DPF Flush Cleaner/

Supposedly the next best thing to an actual physical DPF replacement. Anyone tried it?

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

hi

I have to deal with dpf faults on a regular basis , now there are alot of potions and liquids that claim they work , but in reality only stop what ever it happening from happening for a short while if at all. and then makes it worse.

now I have only ever had, to get a dpf professionally cleaned , maybe... twice ? I think ? all the rest of the time when I have a dog fault iv sorted the issue out, it being a car or van generally if , it's claiming the soot accumulation is high it can be a manner of things bad sensors , split hoses , worn injectors , worn turbo. bad 5th vaporizer injector (only on some vehicles mainly Ford)

if you wasn't aware , your car performes mini regens as it goes along. In more modern vehicles if there is any kind of fault it stops the regen process from happening. and unknown to the driver the dpf is filling up with soot , in worse case it blocks and won't even start.

I would steer clear, and go for some go a decent diesel mechanic , would knows your model and what needs to be done. ?

Reply to
amg3243