Drain points on an Octavia?

I've had a 'sloshing' sound in my Octavia for a few weeks now. At first I thought it was water in the vent pipes, but today, when replacing the indicator repeater light, in the front wing, an awful lot of water started running out. It is clear that it was from a box section somewhere, and was the cause of the 'sloshing', when I pulled out the light fitting and wire, it appears to have dislodged/cleared the blockage from either a drain, or pipe in the inner wing. So, the query, where are drains on the Octavia, and how do you get them clear? Thanks Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

Sell it now before it rusts away?

Reply to
Doki

ISTR from when I had the the front wheel off (in order to poke the aircon compressor) that there's a drain hole at the bottom of the wing behind the wheel. If you unscrew the plastic covers from behind the wheel (ISTR you have to take the wheel off in order to get to all the screws, but you might be able to manage it without taking the wheel off if you've got a stubby screw driver, or one that goes round corners) you can see the hole at the bottom of the wheel arch.

Mine were absolutely solid with dried mud, which had presumably been slowly accumulating over time (thrown up from the wheels?) so you may well have the same problem...

cheers, Phil

Reply to
Phil Armstrong

It is caused by leaves, etc entering from under the scuttle pannel (at the bottom of the windscreen) and then getting stuck in the exit drain point at the rear of the front wheel arch. On the passenger side additional care should be taken to clean this out as the pollen filter is there, along with a 'bung' that is quite often removed during aftermarket ICE installations, which can then result in water in the rear passenger footwell.

As mentioned earlier, just undo a couple of the torx screws (no need to remove the wheel if you have the appropiated shaped tools (or just turn the steering wheel!) and flex the plastic out slight adn stick your hand in. Then use a watering can to pour water into the scuttle entry point at the top and it should flush through immediately bringing any remain leaves, etc with it.

Reply to
Matthew Ames