Engine jerking, poor acceleration

Nedavno Mrcheerful napisa:

But this is original carburetor with original jets, and it performed wry well in the past.

Actually the main reason I started this thread is to find out if something else other than carburetor can be the problem.

I can not tune this Pierburg 1B2, but something else may be wrong, and I can end up replacing it with weber for nothing.

Reply to
Yvan

I would check spark voltage, initial, vacuum and mechanical advance, air leaks.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Nedavno Mrcheerful napisa:

For this I have to find mechanic with whatever is used for measuring high voltage (and that is not easy where I am).

I adjusted initial advance, and checked vacuum advance. How do you test mechanical advance?

I found no air leaks.

Reply to
Yvan

If you can get it to rev reasonably smoothly, disconnect and plug the vacuum advance, point a timing light at the marks, and rev it gently. The timing should advance smoothly.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Nedavno Chris Bartram napisa:

Yes, I can get it ro rev smoothly, no problems when the engine is warmed up and with no load (car is stationary). I'll check mechanical advance as soon as I find some spare time.

Reply to
Yvan