60mph shake/jerking!!!! and airbag light is on.

Hello, I am new here.

I have a 99 toyota camry solara. I have noticed that when I am cruising and a constant speed, I get this jerking. Druing acceleration, no jerking, coasting, no jerking. ONly while cruising! It has me stumped. The car has

125k on it. Its the 3.0L v6 also.

I notice that it shifts kind of rough also. Does anybody know what may be wrong? Possible dirty oil only?

My airbag light is on too. Can autozone check them for free? I know they do with the engine lights.

Reply to
mkzg

When is the last time you had your trans oil, filter and differential oil changed, probably never.

Reply to
m Ransley

Yeah, sounds like the tranny. May be time to change out the strainer as well, probably all plugged up. Don't just clean it, get a Fram ATF kit with rubber cork gasket, about $20 a set.

m Ransley wrote:

Reply to
johngdole

Reply to
mkzg via CarKB.com

The trans is not DIY unless you have a real lift or pit, the smoke is your valve guides but nothing to worry about, Gees keep the dam thing maintained, get a manual and follow it, the strainer is a-the filter.

Reply to
m Ransley

This car is not mine actually....so dont rant at me for not keeping it maintained. I keep my own car well maintained. I have dont filter changes b4 on trannys. there not that hard. I can tell that this car has been abused.

D>The trans is not DIY unless you have a real lift or pit, the smoke is

Reply to
mkzg via CarKB.com

Previous quotes:

"I have a 99 toyota camry solara."

"I have noticed that when I am cruising and a constant speed, I get this jerking."

"I notice that it shifts kind of rough also."

"My airbag light is on too."

"Ok.....Ill change that stuff."

"I jsut(sans) cleaned the TB."

Sure sounds like it's your car.

Reply to
jim menning

Reply to
mkzg via CarKB.com

Reply to
mkzg via CarKB.com

Yea mine smokes after a day but only burns 1/2 quart in 3000. It realy does lube the cilinder on startup, the time it is needed most, 10-30 will make it smoke less.

Reply to
m Ransley