engine seems to eat fuel after servicing

the engine in my 2000 model Opel Astra 1.6 seems to be eating the fuel a lot quicker now than before servicing.

I recently got the car serviced, the fuel filter was okay the guys said and they changed the oil filter, teh air filter, plugs, brake fluids and changed the oil, well - so it says on the receipt they gave.

But now, the last week, the car is only getting about 450 km out of a tank taht used to get 650-700 km (52 litre tank) - not a very big tank but it would get me far enough, I promise.

So, why has it dropped by 200-250km in performance? Any ideas?

Reply to
seanocearrullain

Air con running all the time?

Tony

Reply to
TMC

Oxygen sensor failed/disconnected during oil change?

Reply to
Coyoteboy

Is this just the first tankful and did you fill before the service? Perhaps the garage 'tested' the car for 200km and then reset the speedo trip.

Reply to
SteveB