equipment advice please

It is possible to post pictures in to threads to be looked at and give opinion?

How do I post pictures?

thanks

Reply to
techtalk

No, not allowed on Usenet.

But you could post them elsewhere and give a link to them.

See, for example,

Martin.

Reply to
Martin Sylvester

If you mean in this news group then the answer is no. Pictures, and all other binary files, are not permitted.

If you are asking about Usenet in general, there are specific groups where posting binaries is allowed. They have some form of the word binary in their title; note that the content of those groups is likely to be dubious (allegedly!) .

For more information see hear (and probably elsewhere):

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

I should have added "...except in binaries groups."

But this isn't a binaries group.

Martin.

Reply to
Martin Sylvester

The message from "techtalk" contains these words:

No. Not directly, as many servers won't allow binaries in a non binaries group.

Stick the picture in webspace somewhere and post a link to it.

Reply to
Guy King

So, we have been advised of a new media sharing site. Could "Martin Sylvester" and "techtalk" be the same personage?

Reply to
Lin Chung

By what giant leap of "logic" did you come to that conclusion?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

One word: mismatch. I shall respond through the private channel (to cwhelan and cawhelan) this afternoon, or maybe later.

Oh, by the way, talking of mismatch, has anyone read Jeffery Deaver's novel, "The Coffin Dancer"? Like Perry Mason as an attorney in a wheelchair solving crime, this is about the exploit of a quadriplegic forensic NYPD pathologist in a mobile unit doing the same; only this time, it was 100% more deadly. If you like Sherlock Holmes' deduction from one clue to arrive at whole host of other stuff, you'll love this. The story is 1000 times more gripping than Frederick Forsyth's "The Day of the Jackal". Believe me, that's no exaggeration. A truly un-put-down-able masterpiece

Lin Chung