escort gti revs eratic on gear change and at idle

i have an escort gti on a 98- r reg , the problem im having is very strange-

  1. on pushing the clutch down when changing up ie 1st to 2nd the revs blip up for a split second then act as normal, the blip can be between
100 and 300 revs.

  1. whilst stationary the revs can rise and stay at approx 1000-1500 rpm without the throttle being touched.

the only way i have found to cure it temporarily is to disconnect the vehicle speed sensor.

So far the car has had a new clutch (it was knackered), a new idle speed control valve, vehicle speed sensor (the one on the gearbox) and an ecu but the problem still persists! The car has been to a main dealer for diagnostics but the machine says unable to setup or something similar, this is doing my head and my bank balance in - anyone got any ideas

Reply to
duroo72