Escort idle

1997 Escort 1.6 16v petrol with 78000 miles.

When cold the engine speed seems to race (up to 3000rpm) when the clutch is depressed. Seems odd to me but not sure if this is a fault or normal? I can live with this if this is all it is, but was wondering if it is the first sign of problems to come! When up to temperature car drives faultlessly.

Graham

Reply to
Graham