Escort temp gauge

Hi all

Got a problem with the temp gauge on my 98 escort in that the needle is permanently stuck as hihg as it will go, it's like this when the engine is off, on and even with the battery disconnected.

Is this likely to be the sender that's faulty or the gauge itself?

Also, my dash doesn't have a rev counter just the daft line drawing of the car. Given the regularity with which the dials for escorts pop up on ebay i'm curious as to if my car will have the required wiring to make a rev counter work, just a thought.

Cheers

Kris

Reply to
tollermccallum