Exhaust part

I need a new front exhaust pipe for my ageing Peugeot 205 1.4GR (1992), part no 170425. engine code TU3.2 (no thats not a mistake)

Peugeot dealers have quoted me 147.72 plus VAT.

I've tried 3 different non-Peugeot pipes and none of them fit properly. The bracket which fastens to the gearbox does'nt reach.

Does anyone know how I can get the genuine article cheaper ?Is buying from France feasible ? How would one go about it?

Any help much appreciated.

Desperate, Paul

Reply to
Paul Simon

=============== Have a look at:

You might find something there to suit.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

In message , Paul Simon writes

Would this be any help?

Chris Dudley

Good shout Chris, my local exhaust centre quoted me £55 just for a replacement rear box on my Astra diesel estate. I purchased a 'complete' exhaust system from Buy-Parts-By which included absolutely everything (with a two year warranty) i.e. gaskets, mountings and sealing putty for £95 inc.Vat and delivery, and on my Astra it took me just over an hour to fit.

Reply to
ivan

Chris,

The number shown for that pipe is 170498. My part no. is 170425. I've already tried to fit the 170498 pipe, but it does'nt fasten to the gearbox.

Reply to
Paul

Cic

I tried GSF first. They only keep the pipes for the TU3S and TU3A engines. Mine appears to be rare. Maybe something to do with it being close to end of production for the non-cat 1.4.

Reply to
Paul

Thats interesting Steve.

Yes mine has what you call a divider down the middle. The pipe is actually made in two halves (I've been told), then welded together. Hence its heavier and has a more solid feel than the non-Peugeot parts.

The problem is the price, 173GBP compared to 35GBP for a Bosal. How much did you pay for your Citroen pipe?

You've got me thinking now. I wonder if my pipe is fitted to any Citoen's and whether I could get it from a Citroen garage. Does anyone out there have a PSA parts cross reference database?

Failing that, I wonder if a local garage would share the trade discount with me. Would that be about 30 to 40%?

Reply to
Paul

Try >

""manx.exile "

I've tried a Bosal pipe. Does'nt fit. See earlier posts.

Reply to
Paul

You really do have a rare one... can't find one anywhere, on any parts sites... as no doubt you've found. :(

I've found one for the TU3.2 engine, but it's for the 106... may not fit, and it's the wrong part no. anyway.

Looks like you may have to pay the money to Pug (something I always loathe doing...)

Reply to
Chris Dudley

As I suspected, but would it be cheaper in France?

Reply to
Paul

Just watch the non-genuine suppliers. I had a eurocarparts downpipe for my modified axgt. It didn't have the divider running down the length of the pipe down to where the front exhaust pipe connects. I lost loads of torque. A week later i got so pissed off i bought a citroen supplied downpipe (with the divider) this put the torque back. I'd imagine your pug engine would have a similar "dual in one" downpipe as well.

Reply to
Mr Fix It

There's a list of over a hundred exhaust manufacturers here:

You'll surely find that one of them can fix you up.

Reply to
DB.