89 Fiesta 1.1 clutch squeal.

My cheap runabout, an '89 Fiesta 1.1, suffers from a couple of seconds clutch squeal but it only seems to happen when I've just turned left. The clutch is brand new, I had it replaced a month ago after which it's been a lot easier to drive. However the clutch squeal is very mysterious; why does it only happen when I've just turned left and why is it worse now the wet weather has arrived?

Any ideas anyone please?

TIA

JKT.

Reply to
JKT

Because it isn't the clutch squealing.

Reply to
Dave Baker

Fan belt ??

Graham

Reply to
Graham

Snot the clutch. You are throwing water off the wheel and soaking the fanbelt I suspect, with the fanbelt in the firing line only when the wheels are turned left

Reply to
Chris Street

However the clutch squeal is very mysterious; why does

Maybe it's not clutch squeal. Maybe it's tyre squeal caused by accelerating like a scalded cat in the wet with the wheel over to port.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Robin Graham

Sounds like your alternator belt is slipping to me

Reply to
Andrew Ratcliffe

Hi "Robin Graham"

Accelerating like a scalded cat, in a fiesta 1.1

hahahahah.

Reply to
Steve Sweet