FA: Haynes Manuals

I've just stuck a few on ebay if anyone is interested.

Bedford CF

Escort 1990-2000
Escort 1980-1990
Cheers, PM.

Reply to
Paul Miller

Sandy Nuts ( snipped-for-privacy@these.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

No, like ones with a couple of stickers on and an extra toy or two.

Reply to
Adrian

Would hardly call them special or limited. More like "we have to get shot of these so give them a name".

RS2000 and RS Cosworth the only ones worth mentioning.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Sandy Nuts ( snipped-for-privacy@these.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

We're talking about Fraud Scrotes, ffs.

New to cars, are you?

Reply to
Adrian

That would sort of be my point, ffs.

Not particularly, but come near the end of the Escort's life (just around when the Focus was released) Ford were still producing them, and came up with various names to slap on the back with extra toys to help shift them. So would you care to explain wtf you are on about now, seeing as I've illustrated my point in neon?

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Sandy Nuts ( snipped-for-privacy@these.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Yes. A common ploy by manufacturers desperate to use a large pile of bits. And they call 'em "Limited Editions" or "Special Editions" to try to make 'em look vaguely desirable to the punters.

An RS or Cossie isn't a "Limited Edition", it's a different version of the model. In the case of the Cossie, it's not even really an Escort, it's a Sierra with sort-of-Escort panels.

Indeed you have illustrated my point. With a free sunroof and alloy wheels.

Reply to
Adrian

[1] Yes, I'm well aware of what was originally meant by "limited / special" editions, and I know the marketing s**te they pull off to try flog them. I was mearly throwing into debate the usage of the words "special" or "limited", which have been used so loosely to describe what is, in effect, a very common car.

The baseline chassis is irrelevant. It came out of the factory with an Escort badge, so it's an Escort. Just because an X type has the under pinnings of a Mondeo, don't make it no Mondeo. Same can be said about the Audi TT and Mk4 Golf. I could go on...

I'd be happy to agree to disagree at this point. See above, point [1].

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

The message from "Sandy Nuts" contains these words:

Remember the Cortina Crusader? Perfect example of a Sunset model. Throw the whole parts bin at it 'cos it's all got to go.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from Adrian contains these words:

And stripes. Don't forget the stripes. Finest way to shift the last few examples, stripes.

Reply to
Guy King