Brava non-starter

Fiat Brava 75 1.9TD

When I switch the ignition on the glow plug warning light on the dash doesn't come on. The plugs don't heat up and the car won't start. If I squirt some quick-start down the hose after the air filter it starts and runs as usual.

Grateful for any help.

krystnors

Reply to
krystnors

Glowplug fuse/relay?

Hellraiser...........>

Reply to
Hellraiser

Check the diddy stuff. Relays? Fuses? You got a Haynes for this bad boy?

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

No Haynes unfortunately. The fuse in the engine comp is okay. Where is the relay 'hidden'?

Cheers, krystnors

Reply to
krystnors

No idea unfortunately. Try any compartments in the engine bay, or on top of the fusebox. Check obvious places like behind glove box, footwells, beside the battery etc.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Thr Relay should be next to the battery.

Steve

Reply to
steev

Thanks, found it. Will have a look tomorrow.

krystnors

Reply to
krystnors

krystnors ( snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Try feeding +12v direct to the glows.

Reply to
Adrian

Can you not just check the voltage on the +ve terminal of the glow plug ?

Gio

Reply to
Gio

Thanks for the help folks. Broken wire found and replaced.

krystnors

Reply to
krystnors