Fiat Croma

Well, you WOULD say that wouldn't you, it's the typical psyhchological self-soothingness adorned by people who've just bought a Fiat.

Fiat have went been on the brink of going bust due to low sales, and that's not just caused by the stereotype. The only decent recently made Fiat out there is the Panda, and that's purely because it's so relatively simple, it would have been hard for the designers and engineers to have messed up.

A big family Fiat? Not a chance. Unless it was for a max of a couple of years, with a hefty discount on servicing - I do note you got a discount for it, but that purely says they'll be expecting to see you IMHO - I'd not touch it.

Reply to
Tyr

I appreciate your view - I like conflicting opinions but I don't understand your way of thinking. If the car was crap - I wouldn't buy it. The fact that it is a much better drive than most of the competitors that I was looking at/drove makes me want the car. It's not that I am a Fiat aficionado, it's just better. Plain and simple. The multijet engine - are you saying that is bad?, as you will be contradicting 95% of motoring reviews on it. I have driven many cars, through my work (mostly high performance) and the only one that came close was the 2.4 petrol Avensis. I would have this over the Fiat, but it's far more expensive. For sheer fun, the 2.6 Vectra was superb. And the fact that the Fiat uses a lot of Vauxhall parts?. I'm confused.

Reply to
Matt

I think the point is that the Fiat just _has_ to be better than the opposition to make any sales outside Italy. However will it be reliable? Will you still be singing its praises this time next year? If you are, you have a bargain.

Reply to
asahartz

I'm sure the hire car companies would love it if that were true...

I was generally 'nice' to hire cars I got through my company, but the temptation was always there to enjoy the drive (with no passengers, or equally enthusiastic ones) when the car is newish and the fuel is free.

The worst I ever did was get one completely airborne, so it wasn't all

*that* bad ;-)
Reply to
PCPaul

Last I heard, Fiat group made a profit last year..a situation some of the worlds major car makers can only dream of (Ford and GM being particularly well known examples). Fiat are also managing to avoid going bust..unlike Rover and without selling family silver (Ferrari), unlike Ford (Aston Martin).

I think there may be people out there who'd argue that the Punto is a respectable enough car too..

Reply to
Zathras

Zathras (Zathras ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

, Land-Rover, Jaguar

Reply to
Adrian