Fiat Punto "Flutter" Noise when Accelerating

Hi There,

I hope this is the right question, in the right place...

Today I was driving along at 60mph and there was a clunk or distinct noise and since then I can't accelerate without a strange "flutter" or flapping noise. It's difficult to tell where it's coming from as it only happens when the engine is loaded - e.g. not when I'm in neutral. I /think/ the engine seems more "wobbly" when it's idling though, too...

Any ideas what it might be before I call a garage tomorrow?

Thanks a lot, Adam

Reply to
Adam

A bird trapped inside the airbox?

.... Sorry I'll get me coat :-)

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

In message , Adam writes

I would check out the condition of your cambelt and aux drive belt. Have a look at the driveshafts too.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Cheers, for completeness: it was mis-firing due to a faulty ignition coil.

Adam

Reply to
Adam