Fiesta cuts out

1.25 endura engine Had a recent problem with misfiring-solved with a new set of Ht leads-no further problems there. Runs fine now but as soon as I dip the clutch to change from 4 to 3, oil light etc glows and engine cuts. Cos I'm still rolling, I just quickly let the clutch out again and it kicks back into life. Bloomin annoying! Thoughts?
Reply to
Gary Styles

"Gary Styles" wrote in news:dhmcsl$80o$ snipped-for-privacy@news6.svr.pol.co.uk:

The 1.25 is the Zetec engine. The Endura is the 1.3. You either have one or the other.

Reply to
Stu

One thought is that you either have the Endura-E or Duratec 8v, or Zetec-SE / Duratec 16v.

Either way it could be a gunky idle control valve. Run a few Google searches on how to clean it (there are some pictures of the Ka's ICV on my website but I forget where...).

Reply to
DervMan

Idles ok?, only reason I ask is a similar(ish) experience with Ford Ka (1.3 endura) with sticking idle control valve - however, that'd hunt for revs on idle; Don't think oil light ever came on, though? (SWMBO never included that in her screaming rant, "my car's trying to kill me" report)

Reply to
Mike Dodd

Hi Had a similar prob with a Renault 21. The oil light will come on cos the engine has stopped with the ignition on. My prob turned out to be a duff alternator so the engine was running on a dying battery. Weird how a common failure can manifest itself in different ways on different cars innit!!

Gareth

Reply to
Gareth Watkins