Fiesta heating (Mk5 1999)

Hello,

When I turn the heating to cold there is still warmth in the air. Looking in Haynes at how it works I can only think that the "coolant valve" isnt working correctly.

1) any other possible explanations? 2) Any way of testing? 3) Approx how much do new ones cost?

ta for any help

Steve

Reply to
Nickname unavailable

Unless you have aircon, the temperature will always be at or slightly higher than the outdoor temperature.

Have you changed the pollen filter any time in the last couple of years?

Reply to
Conor

It has aircon, but for purposes of experimenting it's switched off.

I'm 99% certain warmer than it used to be.

last changed 22/10/2006 (how nerdy am I?). How might this be relevant?

Reply to
Nickname unavailable

Just feel the pipes after the valve, if they are hot when they shouldn't be then the valve is probably faulty. the electric valve is a very common failure on fiestas, they are only about

20 quid and easy to change.
Reply to
Mrcheerful

See below.

It will get blocked up, preventing or reducing the amount of fresh air being drawn into the car so the heater box will be recirculating what it can draw in which will include that already in the cabin. A couple of years and they're pretty much getting past it.

Reply to
Conor