Vectra stalls at lights

Starts and runs well when cold but when warm it stalls when you stop at traffic lights. I've seen this mentioned in relation to a few cars what is the likely cause.

Reply to
JimWestern

not much info there, but a possibility might be a faulty inlet air control valve.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Why specifically at traffic lights? Do you mean that it stops when it has been left to idle for a while, in which case first things to check are the camshaft and crankshaft sensors.

Or did you just mean that it won't idle at all?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

first thing to check for is an air leak, spray round all the manifolds and intake system with the engine running using a can of carb cleaner, any change in speed may show an air leak.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I had exactly the same symptoms a couple of years ago. After trying many things it was simply to remove the breather pipes and clean them out. Then, most importantly, ensure that the connection for the small breather pipe, to the throttle valve, is cleaned carefully with a piece of wire. On my Vectra this connector was blocked and clearing this small orifice cured the stalling when hot.

Good luck Lenny

Reply to
Virgin Media