fix fiesta - make a profit ?

Dont have the mechanical skills to change a head gasket myself - just curious if this would be a nice little earner for a mechanic or more trouble than its worth .

QUICK AND CHEAP SALE OF A NON WORKING FIESTA

1996 , Ford , Fiesta , 1200cc , Petrol , Manual

ADVERT SUBMITTED: 15 August 2004 STATUS: For Sale PRICE: 200 ONO MAKE: Ford MODEL: Fiesta BADGE: lx YEAR: 1996 DOORS: 5 COLOUR: White ENGINE: 1200cc FUEL: Petrol GEARBOX: Manual MILES: 150,000 MOT: Yes 00/05/2005 TAX: yes BODYWORK: Needs Attention, small dent on left wong...and black mark and in dent on passenger back left door INTERIOR: Good MECHANICAL: head gasket needs to be fixed or hav a new one put in!!big job as caroverheated and cooked a little!!!! ENGINE RUN: No DRIVEABLE: No ACCIDENT DAMAGE: No TOWN: ealing REGION: london COUNTRY: England PHOTOS: No I NEED TO SELL THE CAR FOR SOMETHING...I CANT AFFORD TO FIX IT AND I NEED TO GET RID OF IT ASAP AS IT IS SITTING IN A GARAGE WITH THE HEAD GASKET ASIDE!! ANYONE WHO STRIPS CAR CAN MAKE GOOD MONEY SELLING ALL THE BITS...OR SOMEONE WILLING TO FIX IT COULD SELL IT ON FOR AT LEAST

1000!!! ( I HAD A BUYER FOR THAT BEFORE I BLEW THE H GASKET) ANY QUESTIONS DROP ME A NOTE! THANXor
Reply to
SOR

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "R L Driver" saying something like:

£200 is all he wants. All it's worth, imo, even if it was working.
Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Surely a grand for an Nreg fester with 150000 miles is a "trifle optomistic" steve the grease

Reply to
R L Driver

It is unlikely that a grand for a fiesta of that age with that kind of mileage, even in perfect, showroom condition, is achievable unless you can find a buyer with a handle on the side of his/her head .

As a non-runner it has no more than scrap value - by which I mean, the amount of money you may have to pay a scrappie to get it removed.

You have 3 options, realistically

1) fix it.- by which I mean the head gasket, the warped head and possibly block, and the cause of the overheating

2) get it fixed

3) advertise for spares or repairs at a nominal fee - say 50 quid. Don't forget to surrender the tax disc.

Sorry , but that's life.

Reply to
Richard Murphy

The message from "R L Driver" contains these words:

Very!

Reply to
Guy King

Grand for a shagged City car that doesn't run ?

Reply to
Gary Fitches

The message from "Gary Fitches" contains these words:

Thing is - there may actually be people out there who'd buy it!

Reply to
Guy King

Nope, about £200 for it in its current state.

Personally, although a grand, may be a little over the top, I'd still say that with a full MOT it'll still easily be worth at least £800-£900 all day long if the engine runs sweetly. Possibly a grand. I don't reckon it's all that far off. All depends on overall condition. If it drove well, with a nice tight feel and no strange knocking noises or anything (not unrealistic if it's been well cared for) and the bodywork was in decent nick I'd give around £800-850 for it if I was in the market for one.

Mind you, if the head gasket's gone, it could put questions over the fact that it's been well looked after......

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan