Flash home car wash

I got one of these a few weeks ago, and I think it's badly designed...

When it's giving out normal tap water it's too powerful. Firstly I wouldn't want to use a strong get to remove dirt from my car, and secondly it splashes everywhere. If I used it correctly I would splash our houses windows, and my neighbours car. Also if you're washing the car in sections (as the instructions tell you) then you'll splash the sections that have already been washed/dried. The device it also too big to get under the wheel arches etc., so a normal attachment is required for a thorough wash.

The soapy water gives out far too much, and you have no control over the flow, just an on/off switch. A bucket is much better! The soap also leaves a horrible oily film over everything, which is a nightmare when driving with the wipers on. After a week with VERY heavy rain, and another wash, most of the oil on the windscreen has gone, but it is still on the rest of the car. I'm not using the soap again.

The de-ionised water sprays at a very slow rate though. So it takes a very long time going over with the auto dry. However, with the auto dry I can be sure that the bodywork won't be scratched. The roof came out very well, but other part of the car had water marks left behind. This may be due to the soap, but I'll have to see as time goes on. The de-ionised water costs around 50p/wash too, which I wouldn't normally pay for a normal wash.

You can get a full refund during the first year, but I haven't got my receipt, so I suspect that I won't be able to get my money back :-(

Reply to
petermcmillan_uk

Which? magazine reviewed this device recently and reckoned it was not worth bothering with. It also becomes expensive with the various liquids and filters you have to buy. I'll stick to my shampoo dispensing brush on the end of a hose!

Kev

Reply to
Uno Hoo!

User error. You can adjust the water pressure at the tap end of the hose.

*wanders off shaking head*
Reply to
SteveH

I never thought about that :-o

Probably because the hose pipe attachment has always had adjustable pressure. I would get my money back, but I don't know what I've done with my receipt :-(. If anybody wants a flash car wash thing you can have my one. I don't know what I'm going to do with it. I'll probably give it to a charity shop or something.

Reply to
petermcmillan_uk

You just need to get used to using it.

I'm *very* happy with the results I get.

Mind you, our water is 'soft' - not sure how good it would be in 'hard' water areas.

Reply to
SteveH

well thanks for the offer but I will stick with my karcher and rotary brush (plus the high pressure wand for the wheel arches) works for me Derek

Reply to
Derek

I missed the first two posts, but I can well imagine! :)

Reply to
DervMan

probably chip the paint ;)

Reply to
barry

So am I. It does give a good water mark free finish without the need for leathering. Less than ten minutes to get a shiny car with little effort, can't be bad. Only problem now is that we have a hosepipe ban. :-( Mike.

Reply to
Mike G