Focus cambelt

In message , gazzafield writes

Why have you decided on 36k?

I've not heard of one going on a Focus at that mileage..... have you?

Reply to
Paul Giverin

In message , Ivan writes

Its not incorrect. Its the Haynes manual that is wrong.

Exactly. So if you have the current one changed after 75k miles then you should be just fine.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

I was going to get mine changed at the 62,500 mile service, but the service manager talked me out of it saying he wasn't aware of any major problems with premature failure. However I did get it changed at the 75,000 mile service, as I didn't feel happy chancing it any longer. Mind you, the service manager in that branch (I use two branches of the same dealers depending on where I am) said I'd most likely be OK leaving it till 87,500 miles!

The cost for me in Jan of this year was £250. Quite a bit of work apparently.

Hope this helps,

Gary.

Reply to
Gary

'Ow much!.. we are talking about a common-or-garden 1.8 'Ford' diesel, and not a Jaguar or Chrysler three-litre Grand Voyager aren't we?.

Little wonder that they're offering 75,000 employees £80,000 each to accept redundancy!

Reply to
Ivan

The message from "Gary" contains these words:

That's a third of a penny a mile just for cam belts. Really, this sort of thing has got to stop.

Reply to
Guy King

Just quoted £ 173.18. 1.8 TDDI (80,000). Good Independent. Most others £200-240

Reply to
Stewart Devereux