X16XE Cambelt

Im about to do the cambelt/tensioners/waterpump on a corsa. Does the engine mount have to come off and the engine lowered slightly to enable the alternator belt to be removed prior to starting the cambelt etc?

Its the haynes manual telling me this which seems a little excessive just to replace an alternator belt if thats all I was doing.

Many Thanks

Reply to
Kirky

With help from another forum I removed the alternator belt by removing the tension from the auto-tensioner hidden behind the engine mount.

The current alternator belt can stay on there as I cant see the point in going to all that work to replace it when it looks fine.

Reply to
Kirky

Could someone please answer me a few questions;

1) The waterpump timing markings didnt line up when all others were spot on and it was the original belt so its been that way from new. I refitted the waterpump with the timing marks the same as the old one. It cant make any difference about the timing marks on the waterpump as the fins on the rear are identical no matter what the orientation is?

2)When setting up the tension, I adjusted it so the pointer was on the mark it should be. Then when turning the crank through a full rotation the tensioner was indicating various tension levels. I just made sure it was correct at TDC.

Its seems to run fine now and there is no humming etc from the belt.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Kirky