Ford Ka Losing Coolant??

Hi Guys

My wife`s 97 R plate Ka has started to use/lose a lot of coolant. I fill the expansion tank/bottle on a Monday and by Saturday it is empty. Have checked the obvious , i.e. water in the oil ect (cylinder head appears to be ok), checked for any visable leaks (water on floor ect), but i am at a loss as to were the water is going..

Any idea`s???

Tony

Reply to
Tony&Debs

water pump ? Heater matrix? Radiator?

Get it pressure checked

Reply to
JK

In message , Tony&Debs writes

Heater matrix? A long shot I know but perhaps you've just started to use the heating again with the weather getting colder. Check for wet carpets under the dash area.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Interesting. Has it split a hose (surely you'd see?).

You could post the question on the

forum?

Reply to
DervMan

No signs of any leak no water on floor or anythig, (thanks for the link)

Tony

Reply to
Tony&Debs

How do you know the cylinder head appears to be ok?

Reply to
dave F

No water in oil, no visable leaks outside of head..

Tony

Reply to
Tony&Debs