Ford Mondeo Query

I've noticed an "odd" bit on the rear of Ford Mondeos and wondered what it is.

It is located in the large slot in the rear bumper, on the off side. It looks like a conical construction with a flat top. The flat top has a hole may be 10mm in diameter.

Anyone know what it is?

TIA

Brian

Reply to
Brian Reay

Pull off the cover, fit a towing eye?

Reply to
Paul

Hmm, may be. However, I don't recall seeing on with a cover. I'll have a closed look next time I'm stuck behind one.

Thank you.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Reay

They make covers for them..

Paul

have you tried screwing your towing eye into the hole? It is usually attached to the jack or wheelbrace IIRC

Reply to
Mrcheerful