Ford Scorpio Mileage Computer Stuck in metric

My fuel consumption computer on an N registered scorpio, new style will only work now in metric following the battery going flat. Is there any way like for example disconnecting it for a while and then trying agin that might rest the memory? I have tried this but only for a minute or two. would alonger period reset it?Are they expensive to replace?

Ray

Reply to
R.E. Jeffery

Press one of the buttons on the computer. I can't remember which but it's a one-press operation to switch over. Metric is the default.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

I have tried this, it is the s button, but nothing happens. I have had the car for six years and it has worked OK until the battery went flat and everything died. Battery was recharged and since then can only get metric readings, it appears to stuck on the default. Not a great problem except I still would prefer and MPG reading. Any idea where the chip is that runs it?

Ray

Reply to
R.E. Jeffery

Could the button be broken? If you're sure it's not then disconnecting the battery again and leaving it for 30 seconds before reconnecting may fix it...

Darren

Reply to
Darren Jarvis

Will try that, any idea which fuse it is? I think the button is OK.

Ray

Reply to
R.E. Jeffery

Try pressing the button then switching on. That's how you access many of these menus.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , R.E. Jeffery writes

Those computer switches are a common problem. Try pressing more than one at once. I know it sounds mad but just try it.

Reply to
Oliver Dawson