Frontera pulling to left - only when in 4WD mode.

My sister in law's Frontera (LWB diesel, L-reg) has an odd problem - when in 2WD mode, it tracks perfectly. But in 4WD, it pulls to the left, by quite a significant amount. Switch back to 2WD, and it goes straight again.

Any ideas? If it was suspension or steering related, I'd expect it to show up no matter whether it's in 4WD or 2WD, but it only exhibits the problem when in 4WD. Diff? Hubs?

Rich.

Reply to
Rich Russell

my guess is with no centre diff you will be winding up the transmission.

4wd should only be used when its slippery .
Reply to
George Spigot

Also sprach snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Rich Russell):-

I'm surprised you can tell when it's on mud.

Reply to
Guy King

if it has freewheel hubs then one is not locking.

this is common if the fwhubs are not used often enough.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Thanks for the suggestions - I'm not too familiar with the way the 4WD system works on these truck things, I'm used to the Subaru Legacy/Impreza type permanent 4WD car setup - which works equally well on and off road.

I'll ask her to get the hubs checked out.

Rich.

Reply to
Rich Russell