Frozen this that and the other

Went out at mi-day today and the bonnet and boot were frozen .The bonnet opened after the engine had been run for a few minutes. The petrol flap eventually opened with some help. Later on at night when returning home the drivers window wouldn't go down as it was frozen . Everything eventually cleared once the car had got warm

It's not a great problem but Is there anything I can do to these parts to stop this happening again?

Reply to
fictitiousemail

Anything with a cable release needs a cable oiler and application of lubricant.

Anything with rubber seals needs a wipe down with baby oil.

Reply to
SteveH

Right thanks .A use for the baby Oil at last ..I thought Baby Oil and "rubber" didn't go well together or is that only certain types of "rubber"? LOL

Reply to
fictitiousemail

AFAIK modern cars use very little natural rubber. Most of the so-called 'rubber' components are actually a made from plastics such as Neoprene, which is unaffected by oil. I've no doubt baby oil works, but personally I spray door, window seals and window runners with Silicone to prevent them freezing up. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Thx for that .One can of spray on it's way to me as we speak .

Reply to
fictitiousemail

Silicone spray on the rubber seals helps a lot - not only is it a lubricant, it also dispels the water that freezes.

Reply to
asahartz