Doors frozen shut

Yay for twin cities weather..

Today I went to wal mart, then found a car wash at the Holiday that was actually open. I go through that, then hit a coffee shop for 30 minutes. come back, car's fine.

Drive it home not more than 10 minutes later in my garage, and the doors are frozen shut. Windows work, so I hocked up the seats and had to climb out reverse-Dukes of Hazard style.

Ugh. WHat's the best place to apply warm water to un-freeze the doors?

Reply to
Spitfire 1500

Well fwiw. I'd kinda hang fire on the washing of the car during extreme cold weathers. I really reallyhope the carwash was at least brushless or a jet spray as opposed to a rotary brush washer.

At the very least if you need to wash your car, get a bucket and sponge and just get rid of the surface grime and salt until the cold weather breaks.

Reply to
Paul

The car wash was out of desperation. It was out of the weather for 2 weeks(vacation) but just a litle over a week, it was practically coated in salt. Minnesota loves to salt their roads, regardless of how little snow it is. But the temps will rise soon here.

Reply to
Spitfire 1500