fuel consumption

This is some sort of wind-up, right?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Really? I could have sworn that 2nd gear was 5.672m/s^2..........

Reply to
AstraVanMan

This country has a future? Other than in the sense that time hasn't stopped yet?

Reply to
Vim Fuego

Punctuation, capitals, and grammar ? Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Leeds Met does some sensible courses - I know people who've done MScs there, and they said the course was pretty good.

One of the problems is with funding. They've got to keep everybody they enrol on for the full year, otherwise they don't get the money. This means they can't chuck people out for being slack.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

The message from "Mark W" contains these words:

In what gear does the flux capacitor cut in?

Reply to
Guy King

The message from "Brian" contains these words:

Guy King

The message from "Coyoteboy" contains these words:

Spot the obligatory speeling mistake.

Reply to
Guy King

MMU, Manchester Metropolitan University, is the one that amuses me. Even the students there call it Mickey Mouse University...

Reply to
Vim Fuego

God. Some people. You only get flux capacitors on CVT cars. 92.7% of modern six gear boxes use dilithium crystals instead. The remainder use partworn student nurses' tights off ebay.

Reply to
Vim Fuego

I did Civil Engineering at Leeds Met for a coupe of years. Always amused me how the Metro's Labs where down below.

Reply to
Billy H

I came across, no.... perhaps I'd better rephrase that, I stumbled across some people selling mens trainers for possible gay interest on ebay a few years ago. I have to admit to a sheltered life because I can't see a connection. I can vaguely imagine someone getting a thrill from sniffing lady's knickers (I typoed that in the first draft and put lady's knockers).

Reply to
malc

Ooh. Student nurses' tights. Mmmm.

Reply to
Simon Dean

It's several institutions rolled into one. I guess the quality of the dept. hails from it's origins.

OK that's a problem.

But the bogus mickey mouse degrees is another one.

AIUI you can indeed do a masters degree in Pizza-Ology.

Other favourites of mine , not Leeds Met BTW are "David Beckham Studies" "Geography with Dance" and "Picking Your Nose and Eating It".

Only one of those was made up ;-)

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

I've known guys do it, but it didn't appeal to me.

Now a lady barrister's knickers...

not to be sniffed at!

Reply to
Billy H

Who needs training in how to pick his nose and eat it?

He shouldn't be allowed into Uni if he does.

Reply to
Billy H

Anyone got a bucket?????

Reply to
Billy H

"Everybody's doing it (doing it, doing it) Picking your nose and chewing it (chewing it, chewing it)"

God, I haven't thought about that in years

Reply to
Vim Fuego

What trainers, knickers or knockers?

Reply to
malc

Trainers, I'm always up for some knickers and knockers. I jus' wish they'd make 'em with elastic that didn't dig in so much.

Reply to
Billy H