Fuel economy decrease

I'm beginning to think that my fuel economy is not as good as it was. I have a Rover 620 Ti and I have a habit that every time I fill a tank I zero the trip counter. Normally, I get an average of about 330 miles to the tank, but I'm sure it seems to be getting lower.. that is, I haven't been hammering it, but it's nearly at the half way mark and it's only done about 120 miles! What might cause that?

Thanks Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

Well any one of about 20 things. Driving style, route, tyre pressure, dirty air filter, oil, load, injector problems, ignition problems, ECU switched to get you home mode, ...

Ok that's only ten but I'm sure there are others

Reply to
Malc

It's not those I dont think.. I've been observing the trip counter for months and know what variance to expect.

The fact I've changed form 215/40 to 215/45 tyres wouldn't make a difference would it?

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus