620TI for sale :(

All funds to Fishman & SWMBO's RTW trip fund.

And if anybody's interested in SWMBO's Clio:

fishman

Very nice indeed. If I had the spare cash I'd be very tempted. Could do with some interior pics though.

Good luck with the sale, hope it gets you plenty of money for you travels.

You can keep that one :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Those wheels are minging, seriously :)

And 36mpg ??? Thought you had the turbo-petrol, not the turbo-diesel...

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Looks good and am interested ... if I can get someone to buy the Merc estate that now doesn't leak all its' fluids. My SWMBO has decided it's too big, too expensive to run and must go. Particularly as it makes the drive look bad.

No. But I'd have taken the £2k it ended at. And spent it on something better.

David

Reply to
David Lane

Hi Lordy

The wheels are a matter of taste, I agree. However IMHO they're only bettered by the 17" items off an 800. The car will be sold with the standard 16's anyway, unless the bids get nice and high, in which case both sets of rims will be supplied.

36mpg I have seen for my self, although not very often as it takes discipline! Got from Lymm truckstop to Brugge on a tank though (over 37mpg), and was even getting a good 300 miles to a tank on the Autobahns when keeping up with the flow at about 120mph (30mpg). Staggering stuff really, especially as I had a boot full of stuff as I was living in Budapest for 2 months.
Reply to
fishman

Why is it that all the good stuff is around when we don't need it, and vice-versa?

Reply to
DervMan

Good stuff?

I thought he was selling a 600Ti and some French shopping trolley.

Reply to
SteveH

You're losing it. You didn't recommend an Alfa Romeo in that post.

Reply to
DervMan

Or lack thereof :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

I recently decided to check what I was getting out of my Ti, with my normal "enthusiastic" driving, and I got 300 miles out of a tank too.. however, I make that about 25mpg given it's a 65 litre tank... could be my maths though..

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

Even so though, 25mpg's pretty bloody good for gunning it along at 120, though it depends on what the average speed was.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I've never managed to put 65 litres into my TI, most is about 50 litres. I was making 45 litre fillups on my Budapest trip as I didn't know there was a yellow fuel light on the dash at the time! That's how I calculated my MPG, based on 45 litre fillups.

Jesus, there's really 20 litres in there even once it's properly in the red?? Surely not!

Reply to
fishman

Well I seemed to be doing 120+ most of the time, as that was what all the Audis, BMWs were doing and the only other choice was to stay in the other lane, which was full of slow lorries doing about 60 (most Autobahns are only 2 lanes!). The TI was pretty relaxed at those speeds I thought.

I was filling up about every 3 or so hours with 300 miles per tank average. I reckon the average speed was above 90mph for a lot of the journey through East and Central Germany.

I'll have to dig out all the fuel stop receipts to check litres bought, times and miles covered (I wrote the mileage on each receipt as I was claiming the expenses).

Reply to
fishman

Definetely not, mine never went far once the light came on (less than 10 miles I would say iirc).

Reply to
Lordy.UK

65 is what the manual says but I think you guys are right.. I checked this morning when I filled up and it took 53 litres from red line/yellow light to full tank. I had 334 miles on the counter, so that's 34mpg, though that's a little bit elevated since a long motorway journey accounted for at least half that tank. My normal weekly motoring is a good mix of town & dual carriageway driving so would give a good average mileage indicator which probably would be around the 30 that the specs claim.

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

If thats Nom's old Ti, did he leave the GBE Valve on it for you?

Austin

Reply to
aust_powers

Hi Austin, yeah it's still on there but he reset it to standard boost a while before he sold it to me and I've not touched it since. Call me a poofter!

Reply to
fishman

Poofter.

HTH :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

sounds bit bullshit! although i got around 32mpg on a good long run at about

70-ish in my old MR2 turbo, the BMW can't better 30mpg and i average about 25mpg in it to and from work and no that is petrol not the amount of oil the BMW was doing hehe gets fixed tomorrow woo!
Reply to
Vamp